Sunday, May 31, 2009

First Official Haircut

Does this girl need a haircut or what? I've been meaning to cut it for MONTHS, literally. In the meantime, it just gets shaggier and shaggier. This is a pretty good "before" picture, even though it was taken long before the actual cutting took place.


Here's a couple before and after pictures. I'm disappointed in my picture taking abilities, but I decided now is as good a time as any to give her a haircut and it was going to happen whether she liked it or not. Well she didn't really like it. She wanted to lay back against daddy and watch her videos instead of sitting up. She didn't want to look at me so I had NO idea what the sides were looking like. I ignored the bangs because they don't count anymore. They've been trimmed a number of times already. She didn't really sit still, and I have no idea how to cut hair. So this is what we get. :S



Here is a view of the back before and after. It doesn't look like I cut all that much off, but I cut at least 2 1/2 inches or more off. I saved the majority of it in a little envelope to put in her book. Yes, it is as uneven as it looks. Though after the fact when her hair was washed I straightened and evened it out a little bit while it was wet, but she didn't enjoy that either. It looks better than this picture shows, but it's still not perfect. I am just glad to have it done. I notice every bit of hair that I'd like to trim right now, but oh well. I guess I'll just have to learn to be a better hair cutter. Now I need to spring for a haircut of my OWN. Blah. Who can ever decide what to do with their hair? I have no idea personally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did a good job, especially with a reluctant two year old!

Lois said...

Yeah the hair looks great! Cutting a little girl's hair would be hard - with Reed we just need to get out the hair clippers and buzz away.