Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Fourth of July Festivities!

I know everyone wants belly shots! So here I am at the 4th of July breakfast at church. I was feeling pretty cute so I had Beth take my picture. I'm 24 1/2 weeks at this point. Yeah, much bigger than I was with Chelsea at this point. They say you get bigger faster with each kid, and they were right! But I feel good and things are going well, so it's ok with me.

Here we are at last year's Fourth of July breakfast.

Look how much she's grown in just one year! Ahhh!
Look how much I'VE grown, too! :)

Daddy's version of Ring Around the Rosies is a little more exciting than just walking in a circle, especially when in a big open space like the gym at church! This is the low part of the swing, he can get her up there pretty high. I just can't get the timing right to take a picture.

We all fall down!

After the breakfast at church, we headed over to the zoo! First stop, ducks! Not quite tall enough to see over the top yet. Maybe next year.

Chelsea talked about being a turtle a few times throughout the day. This is what she was talking about!

Another dark family photo next to the penguins. Chelsea got to have her picture taken as a penguin too, but the shadows were really bad. I'll have to try to fix them before I print the photos.

Still in the "I wanna do it myself" phase. She's not quite tall enough to push it with the handle, but that doesn't mean she won't try anyway!

When we asked her what her favorite part of the zoo was, she said chickens first. Mommy's favorite part is the otters and Daddy is a big fan of the penguins.

Chelsea is tired. Very tired. She must have decided she needed to walk in order to stay awake. Or else she got tired of climbing in and out and in and out of the stroller. She got her feet run over once when she slid out the front while we were walking! No damage done, don't worry.

Walking with Auntie Jennifer and Auntie Beth. They are two of the best aunties ever!

Here we are in the gift shop at the zoo, right before leaving. Chelsea found many toys/books/items to her liking. She had just given this monkey a big kiss MUAHHH! Sorry for the blurriness. I was hoping to capture the smooch itself, but this is just as cute, I think.
After the zoo we headed to Grandma's house for nap/lunch/and Wii! Beth got a Wii, and we have been taking full advantage of it this weekend. :) Fun times.

We went to Oak Park in the evening for more food and fun. I didn't get to stay long because I had to get to work, but at least I only had a half day to work instead of all day!

It takes so much effort to get up to the top, but the big slide down is worth it every time!
After this, Daddy and Chelsea went to watch some fireworks at a friend's house just out of town. It was a VERY fun and VERY exciting day. We were all tired out thoroughly and none of us wanted to get up for church today. We made it though, no worries! Two of the three of us are currently asleep. Shall we make it three? Happy Fourth, everyone!


3 comments:

Amanda said...

wow 24 1/2 weeks! That goes by fast! Oh and your blurry picture is cute. :)

Sally said...

fun, fun! rick, you need to get a second 4th of july shirt! j/k.

Stacy Pettersen said...

Yes, belly shots are the best. I hate it when women are self-conscious about it because we all want to see the big baby belly... it's so cute!

P.S. I went private with my blog and didn't have your email address to invite you. Email me (stacy.pettersen@gmail.com) and I'll send you the link!