Thursday, January 6, 2011

Round 2 of 3: Christmas Eve with the Kellys


So far all of us still fit comfortably around this nice extendable table. The only ones you can't see are me and then little Gatlyn between Kinda and Jennifer. There are 18 of us, if you are not interested in counting little teeny faces.

I was there! I had to take a picture of myself, (and Auntie Beth who was upstairs when I took smaller group photos around the table.) but I made it into at least one shot! (not that I mind being on the camera end)

Here is one of the two funnier family photos that didn't make the cut. Gotta love Chelsea's face and Daddy's face. Ha! Love it!
 
Now on to smaller family group shots. This is my cousin Kinda and her two boys Gavin and Gatlyn. (and a little Brie sneaking in on the side over there) We didn't try to get all 18 of us in one photo, though it would have been interesting to say the least.

My cousin Bryon, is wife Crystal, and their two girls Tyjah and Kyri.

My Aunt Pam, Uncle Ladell, and cousin Del towering above them. (Pam is my mom's sister for those unfamiliar with the genealogy)

We did a nice family shot of me and my sisters and parents, but it just felt like someone was missing. =)
So we added the rest of the Heits. I hadn't sat on my dad's lap for quite some time, and I'm pretty sure Rick had never sat on my mom's lap before. We are goofs.

It's nice to be able to make the little ones (and Daddy) pass out the prezzies instead of being the one passing them out. There are perks to being the grown up. hehe

Brie has been very interested in babies recently. She got several as gifts this year. Here she is having trouble holding three at once. She is SO cute taking care of her baby dolls. She cradles them and pats them on the back, and now she's putting them in high chairs and sticking bottles in their faces. (close to their mouths, but not usually in their mouths, hehe)

Chelsea really loves the "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" book series. This one completed our collection. She had to take time out from opening in order to read it. She also got a stuffed mouse just like the one in the books. Too cute. He is currently wrapped in a baby blanket and sitting on the shelf next to the whole collection.

What is this strange contraption? It came wrapped with little marshmallows for some reason. And ALL the MEN (or we could call them boys, ha!) got one too...

Oh, now I see how this works. If you put the little marshmallows in the gun, you can pelt the rest of the family with marshmallows from anywhere in the room!

Oh yes, as you can see, we had quite the excitement for a little while. Get em, Grandpa!!!

Bryon is stopping to reload, and Gatlyn is taking advantage of stray ammo. We all had some stray ammo make it into our mouths. Brie made sure that I had my share. She stuffed several into my mouth as well as her own. Some of the ammo even made it to our house in our presents. I think there are STILL little marshmallows showing up at Grandma's! It was worth it though. Too fun!

Daddy and Chelsea teamed up. Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Allen would really like the marshmallow guns.