Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Today-Part Two


Be sure to read Today-Part One, which is after this post to read about the events of earlier today. It has been quite a busy day!
 The baby girls missed out on some good old fashioned fun swimming this evening. Good thing Chris, Amanda, and Wesley could come!

 My belly was dragging on the bottom of the pool if I wasn't careful, hehe. Brie hitched a ride with Daddy while Chelsea clung to the pole. She thought it was neat that she could do that. There are buckets overhead that are usually filling with water and then dumping down on folks. It didn't hurt my feelings that they were not functioning today. I don't really like getting dumped on, and the girls don't either even though they always think they will. They never do. 

 Alright, I give in. Here is a *gulp* swimsuit shot of me. Scary, I know. Enjoy it, because this is the last full body swimsuit shot you will probably ever see of me. Yes it is blurry. I am aware. ;)
 And yes, this does in fact give me some motivation to work out after having this baby. I look a bit tubby in many of the shots I'm in (thanks to Beth for taking these pics by the way!) which is why you will never see them. Bwah ha ha!

 Little kids are SO cute to watch have fun in kiddie pools. The tiny little slides are so exciting to them. The beach ball and noodles are so intriguing to them. I love it!

 Brie was really cute playing with this little fountain. She had been trying to get some in her mouth, and I was encouraging her to try it again for the picture. But then she was just having fun opening her mouth like me instead of playing in the water. What goofs we grown ups become for our little kids. And to get a good picture of them doing their funny things. 

 See what I mean about the noodles? They are so versatile and can be just about anything. Including binoculars.

Chelsea was having a blast beaning Uncle Chris on the head repeatedly with this beach ball. He played along quite nicely. He must have kids or something. ;)

Tomorrow I get to visit the doctor once again and take the Group-B Strep test or whatever it is. Pleasantness. *sure* 
In the evening there will be a family fun night at the Our Redeemer's Church with free food and games and bouncy things that is open to the community. We definitely plan to take advantage! Thursday there is a pot luck for flood victims and their families at Magic City (flood vics are not required to bring anything, but the other folks are asked to) and then on Friday there is an Applebees's-goodbye-night-out (Applebee's is a traditional girls night out for us) for a coworker of mine. I will be eating a lot this week. Good thing I'm not on that weight loss plan yet.

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Fun pictures! I think Chelsea clinging to the pole is cute but funny.

Laurie said...

Nothing wrong with eating out. I think it should be a rule that once you hit 8 months you are no longer required to cook dinner. :)

And it looks like you guys had fun! I took the kids to the pool a couple times while I was pregnant, but thankfully I was the only one with the camera, muahahaha! You look great though, really.