Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Day of First Grade

 Here is Chelsea, along with a bunch of other people, on the first day of First Grade! 
8/28/13
When the new grass comes in, I hope they take down the fancy orange barriers.

 A little bit closer up. She is happy to have a matching lunch box and backpack, like her friend had last year.

 At her desk. This year they have desks that open up, which is pretty fancy for her. The school turned out lovely. She is in one of the new wings. It was fun to walk around the school the last couple of days and see how it all turned out. It's fun for me to think about how it was when *I* went there, and how it has changed so dramatically now after the flood.

She also gets her very own locker this year! That is WAY exciting!
It's been less than an hour since I dropped her off and already it is dramatically quieter here around the house. I'm proud of my First Grader! I know she will do fantastic!

No comments: