Thursday, January 21, 2016

November 2015

 November and December mean LEFSE time!
Brie is always up for helping out in the kitchen. She did a pretty good job too. Her lefse rounds weren't any rounder than ours were though.

 Auntie Beth is our resident lefse expert. 

 We even made our own butter with the extra cream.

 I had the towel on my shoulder but it was in the way so I wore it like this. Yeah I know. Don't say it.

 Mmmm!





So worth the effort. I actually didn't care that much for lefse as a kid. But now I think it's great!

 Ice cream treat after taekwondo one day. Brie said she was like Santa. 

 Thanksgiving time! We had a short treat/project for the kids to do while Grandma was busy cooking away in the kitchen. 

 Daddy even got in on the action.

 Pilgrim hats! They liked making these almost as much as eating them.

 This was our crew for Thanksgiving this year. Isaac Haffner and his three kids joined in the fun. So much yummy food!

What parent doesn't like to spy on their kids and find this? They make me smile.



 I decided to throw myself a Harry Potter themed party. Just food, treats, and family! (A couple presents sneaked in there too, but that isn't the focus once you are a grown up. Says the grown up with a Harry Potter theme birthday.)

 There was more sugar at my party than the kids parties!

 We labeled the goodies for those not-as-familiar with the Harry Potter world.


 One of these hats is actually the sorting hat.

 Inside these cupcakes were different colored mini m&m's. Whichever color you go was the house that you would be in at Hogwarts.




I was going to mix up a recipe for butterbeer that I found online but I got lazy at the last minute and just poured cream soda into the dish and called it butterbeer. I also made a cheesecake because I like those and called it Molly Weasley's cheesecake. Yeah  that's a stretch. I just wanted cheesecake.



 This cat card meowed the entire happy birthday song when you take it out of it's basket.

 This is a picture I cross stitched YEARS ago. I asked my mom to frame it for me and give it back to me as a Christmas present. Well she gave it back as a birthday present instead. Aww!

We've heard of lot of happy birthday meows.

No comments: