Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rocking Sheep

Chelsea is such a hoot. She is hilarious! I'm excited for her to learn to speak because I can't wait to hear what will come out of her mouth! The ba ba bas are fun for now. But I can't imagine what goes on in that little head. She's smart, though. She learns new tricks all the time. Uncle Randy taught her how to climb stairs. She blows saliva bubbles. Grandma Kelly taught her to open and flip through books with her thumbs. She sits at the big table with the grown ups and occasionally picks up a fork. (Eating with it is optional though. It's still mostly a toy.) She's getting better at walking holding on with just one hand. Right now she walks a bit like Igor with just one hand, which is funny. (She takes a step with one foot and then drags the other one along until it's caught up with the first, and then takes another step and drags a foot, etc.) She beckons with her fingers if she wants me to follow her, on the rare occasion that she will leave the room before I do. She loves shoulder rides from Daddy. Elmo seems to be her favorite stuffed toy. We can't tell if she's right or left-handed yet. We've had suspicions of left-handedness, but there's no hard evidence yet. Her hair is laying down a little more every day. I have mixed feelings about that. I love her up-do. Well, even working part time I don't seem to get any more done than I did when I was working full time. I have too much fun being distracted by the baby. She is so cute playing that I find myself just watching her a lot. Oh well. I guess once another one comes along I won't get that luxury. No, that's not an announcement, hehe.

This thing feels weird, Mommy.

Hey, it's got a face?

Fancy that!


No comments: