Thursday, August 27, 2009

Today

Here I am at 32 weeks (and two days, but who's counting.) I had my 3-hour glucose test today. I was prepared for the worst. I had emergency food handy, but it turns out I didn't need it at all. I didn't even feel sick, as I expected to. I actually felt a little heartburn-ish, but oh well. No passing out or barfing for me! Yee haw! I am confident that my results will come back negative for gestational diabetes. Though it's not fun to pee in a cup and get blood drawn from the same vein four times in three hours. But I survived!

Chelsea was calling to Daddy this evening saying, "Daddy! Catch me!" She didn't jump or anything, no worries.
Chelsea looked at this one and exclaimed, "I have orange eyes!" Yes. It is true.

We went shopping this afternoon with Grandma Kelly. I've been eyeing these cute plush toys for some time, but I've never sprung for them. Grandma had no problems! They are actually for the new baby, but Chelsea decided that she would share them. :)

This is my favorite one of the evening. So precious! She gave each of them a kiss before tossing them to the side.

Then she kissed each one again, they kissed a buddy, and then each one gave ME a kiss, too!

Gathering them all up again, begging for more pictures to be taken, Chelsea smiles and says, "Cheese!"

Chels was also very cute this evening with her ponytail. It made her feel so beautiful! She asked me to put it in her hair and then said, "Look, I'm so beautiful!" And who can deny it? She is. :)

I thought of another cute story I must share. The other day we were at Grandma Heit's house. Grandpa Heit has a display case showing off his car collection, and Chelsea wanted to see it with the light on. She asked me to turn it on for her. I was sitting on the loveseat and was ALMOST able to reach the switch. I said, "I can't reach it." She climbs up on the seat next to me and leans in close. In complete and utter seriousness she says, "Maybe you should get up from the couch."
Hah!
The logic of it all.
I had a good laugh, and then got up and turned the light on for her. It was SO funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was even going to comment on her cute ponytail. She does look beautiful in it!

Lois said...

I'm glad the test went well! I hope you don't have gestational diabetes - my sister Deb had it and it sounded like a big pain! The photo shoot with Chelsea was SO cute! I love her little smile. :)

Stacy Pettersen said...

You look so good! I think by 32 weeks I was in the "cow" phase already. =)