Sunday, July 18, 2010

Zoo, Twins, Rainbows, WonderBaby

Here we are at the zoo entrance, ready to head on in. It took me a minute to figure out why Chelsea wouldn't look up and smile for more than a millisecond. The sun was so bright in her face! Poor kid. She was trying to smile for me (for a change) and get's "brighted" by the sun.

First stop, duckies!

The simplest animals can be so much fun. You can't see any ducks in the picture, but they are there, I promise!

My tired baby walking around. I was afraid she would be too tired to appreciate her "First Trip to the Zoo" but she managed to stay awake. She wasn't overly thrilled with the animals. Maybe next year will be more exciting for her.

What a soft bunny! They advertised live animal encounters, but this is the only encounter we had. Were there others there earlier? I guess we'll never know. Chels appreciated the bunny. He was very nice.

Hmm...What is THAT? She wouldn't touch it, even with help. She didn't seem afraid, though.

Checking out the otters. Brie looks fascinated.

I had a good laugh when the otters splashed into the water. Apparently Chelsea didn't expect them to appear quite so suddenly, and she jumped from the above position backward into standing position in about half a second. So funny! She got right back up there though to watch them some more.

Penguin kids!

I had a better picture of Brie looking through smiling, but I love Chelsea's expression as she peeks around. I love my kids!

Cutie kiddos!

I love to see them standing next to each other. Brie had her hand up for support, Chelsea had her hand up because Brie had her hand up. Isn't the younger one supposed to copy the older one? So far that's not really the case. Brie likes to follow people around, including her big sister, but she's definitely her own girl.
She's going to be a tough one, I think. She doesn't give up her toys to toy theives without a struggle, and if they do get it from her, she yells and pesters them until she gets it back. Good for her, I say.

It was starting to get chilly so we put the jacket and hood on. Brie didn't appreciate the hood too much. She was trying to take it off here. It looks like she's just tipping her hat to us.

Chelsea had never had her face painted before. It took a little time observing the clowns painting faces and then convincing Chelsea to get close enough to the clowns to get her own face done. She wasn't sure about it. She wouldn't really smile...

....but once away from the intimidating clowns and other people, she finally smiled. She thought she was pretty cute! And she was right about that! My cute little kitty! This was right before leaving the zoo, unfortunately. The lines were far too long and my kids are far too impatient.

One last pose before heading home and washing off the freshly applied kitty face and going to bed.

I bet you thought I was going to mention the real Heit twins when you read the blog title. Ha! Nope. This is our version of twins. These two just do not stay still for anything!

I was trying to get them to lay down next to each other so I could compare it to the picture of newborn Brie laying next to big-girl Chelsea. Yeah. Didn't happen. Another time perhaps. At least they are both looking at the camera for a change. ;)

At least we can see their height comparison here while they are standing in their cute matching pjs. They still get a kick out of matching. I love how the pant legs are dragging on both of them. Chelsea does have short legs, even for a kid her age. Brie's look like they will be longer, but you sure can't tell here!

This was 10:00 at night right above our house. I noticed the double rainbow on my drive home from work...

...I got totally distracted coming into my driveway because I looked up...

...and realized you could see the entire rainbow! The colors of the sky had changed dramatically in my five minute drive as well. So of course I ran in on got the camera. Only a few raindrops actually hit the camera.

WonderBaby! I love my kids.
Coming up....VACATION PICTURES!!!

5 comments:

CR said...

Your twins look like they're not even the same age. That's pretty cool.

Amanda said...

I loved matching as a little girl too!

Lois said...

They look so cute in their matching pajamas! And the double rainbow was so cool!!

Anonymous said...

It's fun to see pictures of the girls together, especially now that Brie interacts more with Chelsea than just really the other way around. I keep saying that I want a boy first, but seeing your little girls makes me want a girl.

Mary said...

That was fun. Thanks for the update. We didn't get to see the bunny in the basket when we were at the zoo.