Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Patch and Other Tidbits

Brie and Grandma Kelly playing. They get along so well!

Here's what the other folks were doing while Brie and Gr. K. played. I was attempting to get my scrapbooking done. Well, not done, because it's technically never going to be DONE, but you know what I mean. All my scrappin junk has been at Gr. K.'s for many weeks since I have no place to do it at my own what with the basement being all torn up still. Someday. Someday. Oh, and Chelsea was around, in and out of the playroom and checking in with all the other folks here and there.

Nice hair, Big Sister!

I was trying to catch a good shot of her while walking to show how independent she is nowadays. She doesn't look independent here, but she is! Really!

Here is Chelsea's ballet outfit that was mentioned in the previous post. She did SO well! She actually did the moves the teacher was doing instead of just her own bum shaking routine. (I have a video of that from our family vacation-you'll get a good laugh hahaha!)
 Chels and Cheyanne are being stop signs, if you were wondering.

And here begins Papa's Pumpkin Patch!

King and queen of the haystack!
 And a little Brie on the bottom.

It kinda looks like Brie is eating the hay, but she's much smarter than that. She was very good about not eating the leaves and grass and hay and whatnot from the ground. I'm not saying she's never tried that junk before, but just not here at the patch.

I made Chelsea stand by this cornstalk horse because I thought it was pretty cool. I don't think she was overly impressed.

They had all sorts of cute displays and things.

The girls got to be pulled around in this little train. They both thought it was pretty fun.

This was an accident. I pushed the shutter while giving it to a lady to take our picture.

Yep here I am, unflattering straight on shot and all. You'll notice Chelsea's expression. I didn't realize it right away, but I was squishing her hand between the ladder and my leg. This was the best of like, five shots. Kids and posing don't mix well.

I was tired of standing while waiting in line for Chelsea's turn to ride a pony, and the girls decided to join me on the ground. Do you like our fall/Halloweenish outfits? We did that on purpose, hehe.

This was a great way to end the pumpkin patch experience. They had much more to do, but our kiddos were tired and hungry and getting ready to move on. So we did. We did walk through a rather sad corn maze, watched them launch a couple pumpkins into a field, climb, slide, ride, walk, pose, take pictures, and even pick out some pumpkins. Chelsea chose a white pumpkin

Chels couldn't wait to decorate her pumpkin.

This is how Brie helps unload the dishwasher.

And this is how Chelsea puts on mommy's knee highs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite part is Chelsea's expression as she puts on the knee highs. How well is Brie getting around these days? Is she walking on her own much or still on the knees? Where is Papa's Pumpkin Patch?

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

She's fully mobile-a full-fledged walker! She doesn't walk on her knees too much anymore. Papa's is just outside Bismarck. We were there for stake conference and took some time to visit the patch this year. Way cool-we'll definitely go there again.