Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chelsea's First Ice Skating Extravaganza!

I'm helping Chels strap on her very first pair of skates! They are rented, but free of charge! We had to take advantage of the annual Christmas Vacation Free-Skate, even if we were the only ones here to do it!

I was SO nervous about putting Chelsea on the ice. She's not the most graceful of people with just her feet, let alone shoes, let along skates...on ICE! But my fears were put to rest. She had a blast and Daddy kept her very safe and free of falls.

I was happy to man the camera and leave the skating to these two. I'm not so graceful on skates and I would NOT have been helpful in trying to teach Chelsea how to skate. I probably would have been detrimental to her safety. But, like I said, she loved every minute of it. She took many breaks, but only for a minute or two before wanting to get back out on the ice. And whoever thought of the idea of those little metal thingies for the little ones to hold on to is my hero. It helped her SO much to have that security, not to mention Daddy's arms there to catch her and help her stay steady.

I didn't even have to ask for this pose. She did it all on her own. I'm glad the camera was handy! She wanted to hang around for a bit after the free-skate was over. Why, you ask? Well to watch the Zamboni, of course!
 
Yes, I was walking on the ice with no skates to get this video, but you won't tell, will you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forget gymnastics or hockey skates, put her in figure skates and she can become an Olympic figure skater instead!