Friday, February 11, 2011

Cute kiddos and Curling

 Look at ME!!! 
I absolutely LOVE this smile. I have such cute children!

 Here's Brienna on a not-as-cold day. No snow suit this outing. She still loves her snowsuit. She loves her hat. She loves her boots. The other day she insisted on wearing this coat all morning long around the house. She's constantly wearing someone's boots or shoes. Typical girl. =)

 Our Ward had a Priesthood activity, and us girls were invited too. Curling! Look at that form, ladies and gentlemen. Look at that form! (Ha! I wish I was as graceful as I look in this photo, hehe)
Totally off topic here, but is anyone else's ward like ours, wherein the women have Relief Society activities for women and the Priesthood men have activities for couples/families? I just thought about that recently. Almost all the Priesthood activities involve couples or families. Don't they have guy/bonding time? Us girls think nothing of getting together just us womenfolk. Meh. Oh well. It's all good!
 And handsome Rick is up! He was quite good with the scoring this day. I had a rock in scoring position at one time, but it got knocked away by summat.

 Here's a couple sweepin'. Go, go, go! Curling is so fun. If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it. No experience required. It helps if there is an instructor though, or at least someone who is very comfortable with the details. 

 Here's the whole group that showed up. There are three nonmembers, two of which are from Brazil! It was lots of fun watching the instructors throwing tips and suggestions at them, and they very politely nodding and then looking at each other like, uh ok. They did speak some English and picked up on things well, but I know they enjoyed having two other people there that spoke their language. (Portuguese)

 Bath time is a hair-raising experience!
I tried to spike Chelsea's up with shampoo, but it didn't work. At all. So we swirled it up on her head and got this!
Who wants a crown out of bristle blocks? Brie does!
And again I say, my kids are so CUTE!!!

6 comments:

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

Are you saying that we should have EQ activities only for men? Or are you saying the women need to get with the program like the guys?

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

Neither. It was just an observation I made. Guys don't bond in big groups anyway. :) And I love being included in fun things, since I miss out on so much with 1)being in the nursery, and 2)working.

Michelle M. said...

I only recognized 4 people in that group curling picture. Rick had the best pose.

In our ward in UT, the guys had an EQ activity where they played flag football one Saturday. I don't think the wives were invited to play. Our new ward's EQ is hosting an activity on the 25th that's going to be a family game night, but I don't think it's called an EQ Activity. The activities committee was dissolved, so the EQ, RS, maybe the bishopric, etc. all have to plan an activity over the year. The RS is in charge of the Christmas party.

Lana Lou said...

Erin, your kids are so cute! I especially love the block crown! I haven't curled in a long time, but looking at your pics makes me want to! :)

Stacy Pettersen said...

Wow, it's so fun to catch up on your blog because I get to look forward to all these fun things having two girls! Way cute pics and funny, when I read the title I thought it would be about hair... but sounds like a fun sport!

Lois said...

Yeah it's funny - our ward's EQ started a movie night once a month. It's called "Menrichment" but some of the wives are calling it Mandate. lol! It is strictly men only.