Thursday, April 16, 2015

February and March 2015

 It's well past time for a haircut! My before and afters.



 This is definitely the most I've ever cut off at one time, but I'm not sorry! I actually need to go back and take a few more inches off. I was tentative initially, but it's quickly become an awkward length that interferes with my collar more than I like. People seem to like it though. And I do too!

 So three kids, three hamsters and two birds didn't complete our family. We added two more to the mix! Here's their "room."

 And here we have our two new guinea pigs, Poppy (above) and Teddy Bear (below). We finally feel like our family is complete, and do not intend to add more kids OR more pets. At least for awhile.

 The girls love their cuddly pets. They are more personable than the birds, and more snuggly (bigger) than the hamsters. All of our pets get plenty of love. Brie is especially fond of the guinea pigs. She took Poppy out to the backyard yesterday and was carrying her around and singing to her. It was pretty adorable.

 The girls and I took advantage of the free ice cream cone day from Dairy Queen. Yum!

At first Abby called the guinea pigs "skinny pigs." We all have lovingly adopted the nickname. We call them the skinny pigs or the skinnies quite often. (Abby can say it correctly now, but it's so cute to hear her call them the skinnies) The skinnies had their own Easter photo shoot. The family didn't get around to it this year though. We didn't even buy Easter dresses! Slackers we are!

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Oh, you know you want to add more kids. :)