Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chelsea's Third Birthday, Tinkerbell-style

Yay for birthdays! Chelsea is three! Tinkerbell is the theme she chose this year.

Getting the jewels ready for decorating tiaras. I'm glad Grandma has lots of space. We'd never fit all these people at our place!
(I'll list them, you count them. We had me, Rick, Chelsea, Brie, Grandpa K, Grandma K, Aunti Beth, Auntie Jennifer, Grandma H, Grandpa H, Kyri, Tyjah and their parents Bryon and Crystal, Gavin, Gatlyn, and their mom Kinda, their Grandma Pam who is my aunt, Zoey and her mom, Cheyenne and her mom....and I think that's all.)(That's plenty, I know, hehe)

The kids played lots of games. Their favorite was "Statues" where they danced to music until it stopped, then they had to freeze. They did that one several times. They did If you're happy and you know it, follow the leader, dancing, statues, a gorilla game (it isn't played how you are thinking, it has nothing to do with ooh ooh ahh or scratching armpits or beating chests...wait, I take that back, there IS thumping your chest in it.) and lots of other good things. They all got stickers and prizes and wands and they got to decorate tiaras and crowns and dress up. Oh such fun. They all had a blast! Us grown ups had a pretty good time as well.

The big cake! It was a white cake. So pretty! Zoey's mom got to eat Tink's boobs. (hahah!)

Chelsea got her own individual Tink cake, too! This one was chocolate. Mmmm. I like the chocolate better than the white cake, but there were several guests that don't eat chocolate. Crazies. (just kidding!)

The beautiful Tinkerbell centerpiece.

All of our guests! From the left we have Kyri and Tyjah Hornbacher, Brie, Zoey Vande Hoef, Chelsea and Auntie Jennifer, Cheyenne Douglas, and Gavin and Gatlyn Wolf. What wigglers they all are! This is a great shot, considering. Hee hee!

Blowing out the candles!

Someone is learning how to do stairs! At this point, she could only go up one stair. But as of a couple days ago, she can go all the way up. A big girl!

A mom/dad for each guest is very convenient when it comes to a three-year-old's party. I can't imagine trying to manage cake and ice cream and drinks for all these kids without them!

Anything to get that shot, eh Grandpa?

Mmmm...ice cream! She dripped chocolate ice cream all down her front. Which reminds me, I still need to wash that little dress! Yikes!

Look at that! Balloon! Cool!

Whoa that thing is WAY up there! Actually this little one has started throwing herself backward at random times for no apparent reason. She's lucky she can trust whoever is holding her to catch her!

And finally, time to open the presents!

Brie had a great time munching on all the bows as Chelsea opened her gifts.

The doll nursery! THAT'S what was in that big box! Everyone was quite interested to see what it was. This dumb thing took me 2 1/2 hours to put together. Of course I did have the help of both Brie and Chelsea. :) But it was very worth it. Both girls like to play with it all the time.

Here is the fabulous Fairy-God-Aunt who orchestrated the whole party! A BIG thank you to Auntie Jennifer for planning, decorating, and entertaining for the party! I just had to show up with the kid and the camera. That's MY kind of partying!

What a face! She is decorating her lovely tiara with jewels.

I love the similar expression on my cousin, Bryon's face. Ha! What a kid! I guess he wanted in on the dress-up action as well.

Woo hoo for big wheel bikes! Chelsea's legs are a little short, but we'll make it work. She's excited for it! Happy third birthday! I have a three-year-old. Whoa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer did a nice job! I like how she dressed up too. :)

Amanda said...

Whoa what a party! It looked like a ton of fun. How did Chelsea grow up so fast?!

Mary said...

Thank you for choosing a white cake! It was a very good choice.

Laurie said...

Looks like fun! But who told her she was allowed to turn 3?

Chris said...

That's the awesomest 3 year old party I've ever seen!

Lois said...

Happy Birthday to Chelsea! You guys are spoiled - you have a party planner and everything - that's so awesome!

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

Wow this is the most comments ever! Thanks everyone! Yes, we are very spoiled. Jennifer had a good time with it, so I am more than happy to have let her run with it. :) She did better than I would have, that's for sure.

Stacy Pettersen said...

How fun! Does Aunt Jennifer hire out? She did a good job!

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

I'm sure Jennifer would LOVE to host another party! She is a great hostess all the time. This is her youngest one yet, I think though, hehe.