Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Brazil

 So I've done my part. I've uploaded the Brazil photos. Since Rick is the one that went, he will come and write about them when he has a chance. In the meantime, enjoy the images!

Chelsea started and finished my trip with Candy. I don't know what was more exciting, getting rid of Daddy and getting candy or begrudgingly having him back and getting authentic Brazilian candy.
Erin spent the time in the airport daydreaming about all the freedom she would have without my oppressive influence.
My hotel was right on one of the most famous beaches in Brazil, Copacabana Beach. I can see why it's so famous, they had sand and water. Well actually quite a bit of it, the beach is 7 km long.
They even had a street along side the beach that I even walked on every single day. Sometimes I just stood there and let my fans take pictures of me.
The front of my hotel, I was a cheapy and we went for one that was half the cost of where the recruiting fair was taking place.
Look, it really is Brasil! See the flag? I was impressed by the sand castles, but disappointed that I never saw pirates attack the cargo ships that cruised past the beach.
Our team included two people from The Language Company, an English as a second language school (They also financed the booth fees for us); a lady who was the International Coordinator for Truman University; and some big shot star player for the Brazilian national soccer team. I have no idea what anybody's name is.
A picture of a Formula 1 track.
A picture that looks like it came off of a postcard, but I actually took. Our beach is just to the right of the mountain sticking out of the bay on the left. Now look to the left, now the right, look at your self, now back to me.
There was a statue on top of a mountain that's famous for something. Everybody decided to pretend to be an airplane for some reason and so did I.


Lots of picky poos from on top of a steep mountain that we drove to the top of. We passed a car with a smashed front end that had been going down the mountain. That made us nervous, then we survived the descent and were no longer nervous.
An old hotel used in a previous World Cup, now it's being renovated, possibly for a future World Cup? More on that later.

Some nice resort that looked pretty so I took a picture.
The LDS chapel in the area I was staying in.
The outside of the Maracana soccer stadium, they wouldn't let us in the inside. Jerks!
A famous soccer player for Flamengo, it's not Pele or Alexi Lalas. I don't know who it is.
The Brazilian version of the Hollywood Walk of Stars (or whatever that thing is called) star Flamegistas have their feet prints here.
The guys and I liked to run around screaming every time we thought we saw Greg. It always turned out to be someone else. I'm pretty sure we saw X's family though.
This is the later. The World Cup will be in Rio in 2014, oh and the Olympics will be there in 2016.
The famous, dangerous drug lord slums on the mountain. They actually take people on paid tours of these, crazy!
The street where Carnival's parade occurs.
The inside of a Catholic cathedral.
Saint Bernard riding in his Cinderella carriage.
A baptismal font, I can't imagine trying to fit anyone inside this on my mission. It's not very big.

We had a very popular booth that usually had a few peeps waiting in line.
Look I did some work in Brasil too!

Our team at work, well actually this was after the last day of the fair.
Chelsea was excited for her candy, but Brie was beside herself with excitement to see Daddy!

2 comments:

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

She WAS excited to see you! She just didn't open her eyes right away, that's all!

Lois said...

Sweet post! You should have taken a paid tour of the slums... Oh well - maybe next time.