Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Cat in the Hat

 Chelsea wrote a book the other night. I've always said she would be a good author. I was right. :)
Here is the cover of her book. The Cat in the Hat is on the left, NOT waving, but shielding his eyes from bright light as he searches for Thing 1 and Thing 2, one of which is peeking out at him grinning.
Enjoy the story!

 In case you can't read kid-writ, I will translate.
"One day the Cat in the Hat woke up and could not find Thing 1 and Thing 2." Again, he is not waving. But Things 1 and 2 are both peeking out now.
"The next day the Cat in the Hat found thing 1 but Thing 2 was missing!"
She meant to write still missing, but forgot.
 
 "The next day Thing 2 was back but Thing 1 was gone!" Tricksy little fellows, aren't they?
"The next day both Thing 1 and Thing 2 were gone again."

 "The next day he found them. Hooray he said."
"The next day they had so much Seuss fun"

 "And the next day they were so very happy."
"And then they all lived happily ever after."

 Wait, there's more pages here. Ummm. I'll put a rainbow! thought Chelsea. And so she did.
And that is her first book. She started a pirate book before, but she never got around to finishing it. I still have the pages. I should see what she comes up with for it now, months later.


2 comments:

Ty and Melissa said...

Aww I love it! How cute!

Michelle M. said...

Actually her handwriting is pretty good! I read it with no problem.